SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

8 Recipes To Try This Fall



Hey y’all! I hope you’re having a wonderful week so far and wherever you’re located, you’re able to enjoy this beautiful time of year! Here in Virginia we’ve had a few days in the 60s but we haven’t had consistent fall weather. It’s even been in the 80s some days (insert crying face emoji) and here we are at the end of October with Halloween just around the corner. With that being said, this Sunday is forecasted to have a high of 59 degrees with rain so that has me wanting to make all the yummy fall recipes from my Pinterest. There’s nothing like cooking up a warm meal on a cozy fall day, am I right? If you want to see what I’m looking forward to cooking up this fall season please keep reading.


Recipe #1 


Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Recipe 

Chicken Pot Pie is such a comfort food, especially making it in a crock pot! If crock pots don't coincide with that warm fall feeling I don't know what does! Even though it does include biscuits in the recipe, it still seems like a lighter version compared to a normal Chicken Pot Pie. It's pretty simple too so it will be great to put on in the morning and still have time in the day to do other things during the day all while having dinner planned; that's a win-win to me.  





Recipe #2



Spiralized Apple Salad with Citrus Dressing

This would make such an amazing side dish for Thanksgiving, a Sunday meal, or any day of the week really. It is a really appealing dish too so it would be beautiful on the Thanksgiving table. It's a good choice to take somewhere too because it doesn't need to be kept warm. I love that it has the citrus dressing because it brings freshness to a hearty Fall meal.

Recipe #3




Cheesy Chicken, Kale, and Sweet Potato Skillet Meal

I have tried this recipe and I HIGHLY recommend it! It's easy, hearty, and healthy! Those 3 components make the perfect meal. I'm all about that one dish meal and this recipe does just that. It satisfies all of the taste buds and is great to take to work as your lunch the next day. I prefer sweet potatoes in  savory way as opposed to adding brown sugar to them or making them in a sweet dish. This is a crowd-pleasing dish as well.

Recipe #4


Vegan Mashed Potatoes with Garlicky Kale


Another good side dish for Thanksgiving or any meal this time of year is this one right here. It brings that filling aspect, but in a healthy way. I know some people are on the fence when it comes to kale but I'm sure this hides that bitter taste kale can have sometimes. I can't wait to give this recipe a try!

Recipe #5



Apple Pie Bites

These seem super simple to make and would be PERFECT to take somewhere. They give you a similar taste as apple pie but they're a finger food. I usually try to stay away from prepackaged biscuits or crescent rolls but when it comes to something like this, I would have to cave to make these. I'm pretty sure the nuts that are in the recipe would be optional so I would probably do some with and some without. I bet they smell so good baking in the oven too!

Recipe #6


Apple Gouda Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Smoky Roasted Sweet Potatoes

I know, I know...another recipe that includes apples and sweet potatoes! They are just great to cook this time of year especially because they can be cooked so many different ways, both sweet and savory options depending on your personal taste. This is a healthy recipe that is the whole meal and nothing needs to be added. Perfect for weekday meal and to take leftovers to work the next day. Stuffed chicken breasts are always a nice way to add flavor to the meal and then the roasted sweet potatoes just give that extra oomph to this recipe!

Recipe #7


Creamy Pumpkin Chicken Chili

This recipe sounds so good! It's such a unique blend of flavors that would be something different to add to your things to make this week. I love switching things up and not doing the same old dishes week after week so it's great when I find a recipe like this that puts a different spin on a traditional dish. I love making chili and sneaking the pumpkin in gives it that healthy factor which most people will not even be able to tell it's in there. I have made other recipes and incorporated pumpkin and it is hard to know it's in the dish. Pumpkins are like the epitome of Fall so I had to include a recipe with it in there!

Recipe #8 


5 Ingredient Butternut Squash Fritters

These seem simple to make and would make a great appetizer or side dish. I enjoy making things like this. I made a similar recipe with zucchini over the summer and that was fun to put together. I would probably add garlic to this recipe and definitely do a Greek yogurt topping to serve with them. This is a great way to incorporate a seasonal vegetable and they can be served to a crowd as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


That's just a few recipes I'm looking forward to making this season! For more cooking inspo, be sure to follow me on Pinterest (@somerdelane)! Do you have any favorite fall recipes or go-to dishes for Thanksgiving? Share yours  in the comments below– I'd love to see what you’re cooking or if you try any of the recipes I mentioned today!


Blessings, 


Somer DeLane





1 comment :

  1. xo สมัคร slotxo เล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ แจกฟรีเครดิตทุกเมื่อรับโบนัสโดยทันที 100% ตั้งแต่ทีแรกที่สมาชิกสมาชิก พีจี โดยทางพวกเราได้เตรียมโปรโมชั่นมากมายพร้อมดูแลนักเสี่ยงดวงทุกคน

    ReplyDelete