SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Beauty Products I'm Loving Lately





I'm such a girly girl when it comes to wanting to try new beauty products and getting totally pulled in with the ads promising the product is going to do so many wonderful things. I really enjoy reading reviews on other blogs because it helps me decide if something is really worth adding into my beauty routine or not. It helps to not waste money and time on products that aren't going to live up to the hype. I don't like to spend mega bucks on products either so I've tried to include affordable items that will not disappoint you!


Please keep reading to get the rundown on my 8 favorite beauty product...





This facial spray is probably one of the most well known ones and I am so glad I gave it a try! It has lasted me so long and guess what?! It's only $7!!! Such a steal, but you still get the most bang for your buck. It's very refreshing and the mist is fine so it's not going to leave your face drenched. It's gentle on my skin and I spray it at different times throughout the day; in the morning to wake-up my skin, after cleansing, before and after make-up. It has a lot of different purposes so it's a definite for my skin care regimen!


I like this eye shadow compact because it has three colors you need to give that finished look on your eyes. Each of the three shades as the title of where it should go directly printed into the pallet and they are the "lid, crease, and brow bone" sections. The pallet I chose is the "Sweet As Candy" one because it includes my favorite shadow tones of pink/tan/brown. It gives that natural look with a hint of glamour. It's inexpensive and I think you should definitely add it to your make-up bag!





This foundation (close-up above) is less than $5 and full coverage?! YES PLEASE! It's hard to find a foundation that's actually full coverage and not heavy on the skin. I got the "Soft Beige" color and while it worked well for the summer, I will definitely need a lighter shade for the colder months to better match my skin tone. Another good thing is that there are multiple shades offered so that should not be a problem to find the perfect shade. It also lasts all day while I'm at work and still looks good on the skin at the end of the day. There is no flashback in pictures which is why it has been so popular in the beauty world! I highly recommend this foundation! 



I just picked up this moisturizer (also a close up pictured above) last week, but I wanted to include it in my favorites because it has agreed really well with my skin. I have sensitive skin so it really is a hit or miss with a lot of different beauty products. It's refreshing and super moisturizing which is what I was looking for to add to my routine after washing my make up off in the evening. Sometimes I even put this on in the morning after my shower and before I apply make up to have that extra barrier on my skin for the day. With the seasons changing, my skin was trying to adjust but still felt dry in spots and this moisturizer has balanced it out really well. 




This mascara has been a favorite of mine since my high school days and it's one I always go back to. The curved brush just does wonders for my eyelashes and I definitely go to this one if I don't have a lot of time and don't feel like layering multiple mascaras to get the full lash look. I recently added in the Primer and it really has stepped up the mascara that much more. The beauty blogger, Emily Gemma, from "The Sweetest Thing" convinced me to add it to my routine because she uses it and has AMAZING lashes! Mine are not quite like hers but they have improved. I feel like it even conditions my lashes too which is an added bonus. 




I love Jessie James Decker and anything that she puts out on social media, she makes me want to have/try it! I got so excited when she launched her hair perfume at Target and couldn't wait to order it! I ordered the "Sweet Magnolia" scent first and it definitely has not disappointed! My boyfriend was so sweet and ordered me the other scent, "Honey Dew" (pictured above), for Christmas. I still have both bottles because it takes a couple sprays at a time and it lasts so long because of it! They both smell sooo good and lasts in my hair for awhile. It's perfect for the no wash days you just use dry shampoo. Now she has  third scent which is her "Jessie" signature scent so I'll probably have to give that one a try too! 

7. Home and Body Co. Hemp Oil For the Hair Sea Salt Spray

This Sea Salt Spray is such a good staple to have for those days you wash your hair, want to put product in it to scrunch it and go. It is natural and really gives my hair a nice "oomph". It gives me that wavy/beachy look that is so popular right now and I can get that look without putting heat on my hair (which I try to stay away from except for special occasions) so that's a win-win! I found mine at Marshalls so I would check there first, but I have linked a similar one here .

Last but not least, I wanted to include this hairbrush in this post because it is much gentler on my hair than other brushes I've used. I wanted a big paddle brush that had the soft bristles to really cover more hair. My hair had so many tangles all the time so I needed something to take care of that and this brush has really helped. It's a really strong brush too because it's wooden so it doesn't feel flimsy while I'm using it. 



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's favorites for this post but I could've included sooo many other things! I'll probably do another beauty favorites post soon, would y'all like these post on a regular basis? Let me know what you're loving and what you think I should try in the comments below!


Happy Thursday!


Blessings, 
Somer DeLane

7 comments :