SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I don't think I'm alone in saying that Chocolate Chip Cookies are hands down my favorite of the cookie world and when they have the right amount of chocolate chips plus they're chewy with just a little crunch to them...that makes for the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie in my book. That leads me to the fact that this recipe has become my go-to when I want to make something that's easy, but crowd-pleasing at the same time. If you're from the South, you are probably aware of the many cookbooks that Church's in your local community publish with the congregation's recipes. Well my mom loves finding these cookbooks at yard sales and thrift stores to look through as a pastime and to get cooking ideas (plus it's fun to recognize the name of whoever submitted the recipe as someone's brother/sister/cousin/etc.). I also enjoy looking through them and have made quite a few recipes on repeat; this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe being one of them. So without further ado, let's get to the recipe shall we?




I N G R E D I E N T S


  • 1 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 16 oz. chocolate chips


D I R E C T I O N S

  • Mix oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla together by hand.
  • In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and chocolate chips.

  • Slowly combine flour mixture into other bowl until blended well. 


  • Spoon heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet (I used a stone pan lined with parchment paper).


  • Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned but still chewy and slightly mounded, about 8-10 minutes.

  • Remove and let cool slightly to form. 

  • Makes about 24-30 cookies. 


And there you have it, folks! Pour yourself a big glass of milk and enjoy these yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies! 



No comments :

Post a Comment